We have implemented a number of changes to help ensure the safety of our customers and our staff.
We have implemented the following steps and undertaken a full risk assessment:
- We have reduced the number of tables in operation to ensure social distancing.
- No tables will be available on a walk-in basis. A reservation must always be made in advance, ideally by email.
- Guests must wait outside the garden door to be allocated their table and should not enter the building until advised to.
- Due to social distancing and reduced number of tables, we are having to rotate tables and will therefore have fixed times for restaurant reservations. These will be as follows:
Lunch – 12pm, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2pm (with a one-and-a-half-hour booking slot)
Dinner – 6pm, 6.30pm, 8pm, 8.30pm (with a two-hour booking slot)~
It will also be possible to book a garden table when the weather is good. These tables will be available to book 48 hours in advance, once we can be sure of the forecast!
Please note that a maximum of two households or support bubbles can share a table. Outside, a maximum of 6 from any number of households.
- Hand sanitising stations have been set up on all entry points to the building
- Doors will be wedged open, where appropriate, to reduce touch points
- Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly by staff including counters, tills, light switches etc.
- Thorough cleaning of tables and chairs between customers with a spray cleaner that has been proven to kill Covid-19 within 30 seconds of contact
- Covid-19 handwashing posters on display by all hand-washing stations including customer toilets
- Reminding customers who are accompanied by children, that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
- Minimising contact by not pre laying tables. We will provide cutlery and disposable condiments only when food is served.
- Encouraging contactless payments where possible and wiping down card machines after each use
- Our toilets are open but we ask that only one person at a time use them. There will be system in place where customers are asked to use the hand sanitiser and then move a slider to the engaged position before being permitted up the stairs to use the toilets.
- More regular and thorough cleaning of toilets, door handles, taps etc
- Menus will be disposed of after each customer
- All team members trained in the correct hand-washing and frequency
- All front of house team members to wear visors and disposable gloves which are changed frequently
- We are allocating team ‘zones’ to reduce as much contact as possible between staff
- Reduction in the number of staff to reduce interaction
- Minimising contact between front of house workers and customers at points of service where appropriate.
- It is very unlikely that you can catch coronavirus from food but we have put appropriate measures in the kitchen to reduce any risks during food preparation.
- We will ventilate the indoor areas as much as possible to ensure a through flow of fresh air.
- All employees subject to a daily wellness check. Anyone displaying symptoms of Covid-19 will be excluded from the workplace.
- A full Covid-19 risk assessment has been completed in line with government guidance. Please ask us if you would like to be emailed a copy.